Property in Turkey is highly attractive to international property investors who can see good potential for solid return on investment.
In a location such as Turkey, with stunning natural assets, and imminent membership of the EU, the country has generated much interest. EU membership traditionally generates large increases in property values and investors are keen to buy property in the prime locations whilst prices are still low.
With the huge growth in tourism and already 25 million visitors per annum (up from 14 million in 2004) "Buy to Let" investors in Turkey enjoy huge rental demand for accommodation and this demand is set to grow.
You can find out more about Turkey property investment in our Investment Section. The IPIN (International Property Investment Network) selects property investment opportunities in Turkey and makes them available to all members.
Reasons why property in Turkey is a good investment
- Turkey is just entering the EU process which means there remains another 5-10 years of European investor interest in property.
- Turkey is just at the beginning of a property boom.
- Turkish economy is very strong with 6.1% GDP growth in 2006.
- Stunning beaches and climate make it a very popular holiday destination.
- You can still find excellent front-line properties for excellent value for money with high capital growth potential.
- Turkish summers are a lot longer than in many other EU destinations, offering more hours of sunshine per annum.
- Turkey has a huge population of 70+ million. This creates a strong internal property market meaning investors are not reliant on international investors for re-sales.
- Turkish population growth is around 2% per annum with 70% of the population younger than 30, this creates a strong local market.
- Over 25 million tourists visit Turkey each year boosting the property market and creating strong "buy to let" possibilities.
- Low cost of living and long summers make it a favorite retirement spot for the Europeans.
- Huge golf tourism evolving in Antalya which will increase the value of any investment Turkey offers a modern infrastructure.
- Turkey is considered to be a highly dynamic country by the World Trade Organisation.
- Land prices are on the increase while the property market evolves.
- No capital gains tax after 4 years.
Homebuyers in Turkey
It's not just property investors who are showing a strong interest in Turkish property at the current time. Due to the low cost of living and beautiful natural resources Turkey is also an appealing location for second homes and even a hotspot for relocation.
Many people are leaving the so called "rat race" of the major cities around the World and moving to Turkey. The weather also makes Turkey and property in Turkey a popular retirement destination.
Turkey Property Hotspots
THe most popular searches for Turkey property are for Bodrum property, Dalaman property, Gocek property and Fethiye property. Many people are also now searching for Alanya property and Antalaya property.